As you will be aware under the GP deal between the IMO, HSE and Department of Health, agreement was reached on the introduction of Chronic Disease Management for GMS and DVC patients. Chronic Disease Management is being introduced on a phased basis with the first phase comprising those patients aged 75 or over.
GPs will receive a circular from the HSE in the week commencing the 13th January and will be required to affirmatively sign up to the circular should they wish to participate in chronic disease management.
In January and February, the IMO and ICGP will hold joint regional meetings dealing with both the practice management and clinical issues relating to Chronic Disease Management .
The regional meetings will take place at the venues and dates listed below, please note there is no registration fee for attendance and is open to all GPs.
- All meetings will run from 7.30pm – 9.30pm.
- Meetings are accredited for 2 external CPD credits and half day GMS Study leave
The schedule of meetings is a follows please click on the links below to register:
- Dublin North: Clontarf Castle – 16 January
- Cork: Clayton Silver Springs Hotel – 22 January
- Kilkenny: Lyrath Hotel – 23 January
- Dublin South: Red Cow Moran Hotel – 29 January
- Limerick: Strand Hotel – 30 January
- Sligo: Radisson Hotel – 05 February
- Galway: Galmont Hotel – 06 February
- Athlone: Sheraton Hotel – 13 February
If you have any queries, please contact Orla Sherlock at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01-6763705.